Exhibitor Interview: Rolls-Royce Solutions
Tuesday, 28 February 2023
What technologies does your company specialise in?
The Power Systems division of Rolls-Royce specialises in future-ready power generation systems to support customers through the energy transition. Our proven gas and diesel systems are highly efficient and able to run on sustainable fuels such as HVO and hydrogen. We also offer Dynamic UPS systems for mission critical applications and CO2-friendly solutions such as battery energy storage systems (from 60 to 4,400+ kW), PEM electrolysers (scalable to meet any demand), fuel cells and microgrids, which combine multiple solutions optimised by our mtu EnergetIQ smart controller.
How does the technology work?
We offer a wide portfolio of energy products and solutions – with more than 100 years’ experience, we have the expertise to develop the right energy solution for each of our customers. Our mtu EnergyPack battery storage system is a key enabler for the changing energy landscape.
Our mtu EnergyPacks improve the reliability and profitability of microgrids and energy systems. They store electricity from any distributed power source – such as wind turbines, solar panels or gensets – and deliver it when needed.
Product highlights include:
▪ Scalable in size (from 60 – 4,400+ kW, from small- to large-scale)
▪ Black start capability
▪ Digitally connected
▪ Ultra-fast response, 100% instantaneous load acceptance
▪ Seamless integration with existing power plants
▪ Plug-and-play design
▪ Intelligent energy balancing with plant manager EnergetIQ
Please explain the benefits of the technology and how it will help towards Net Zero targets?
Energy demands are becoming increasingly varied, complex and decentralised – we offer comprehensive, sustainable solutions and the necessary expertise to address those needs with a one-stop-shop for zero-carbon solutions.
▪ With our mtu EnergyPacks we are creating a range of possibilities for optimising and stabilising renewable energy sources such as solar and wind power – all aimed at creating sustainable power delivery systems that are also 100% reliable.
▪ Our green hydrogen ecosystem is the key to producing sustainable fuels, enabling whole industries to become carbon-neutral and harvest fluctuating renewable energy sources – from our electrolysers and fuel cells to hydrogen engines and combustion engines powered by sustainable e-fuels or 2nd generation biofuels
▪ With our microgrid solutions we offer reliable, independent, and CO2-friendly power production – with the latest example being a microgrid for a new 2MW energy centre at Symmetry Park Biggleswade. As a complete solution provider we help our customers optimise their energy costs, increase the quality and security of their energy supply and reduce their CO2 emissions
What will you be showcasing at your stand at The Distributed Energy Show?
At the Distributed Energy Show we will be showcasing our EnergyPack QG. A scalable energy storage system that is ideal for large to grid-scale projects. As a completely modular storage system the mtu EnergyPack can be adapted to the needs of the customer. Its black start capability and ultrafast response time offers a reliable source of energy that makes our customers less vulnerable to power outages.
If you could sum up your company in three words, what would they be?
Innovative. Adaptable. Experienced
Rolls-Royce Solutions are exhibiting at The Distributed Energy Show on stand 7014.